3 de mayo de 2008

Palabras de un demócrata

Son oficiales los resultados de la votación para Alcalde de Londres. Ganó Boris Johnson, el candidato conservador (que era la oposición). Aquí la nota. Perdió Ken Livingstone quien había sido Alcalde los últimos 8 años.

Estas son algunas de las palabras del Alcalde saliente:

... I am sorry I could not get that extra 2 percentage points that would take us to victory and the fault for that is solely my own. You can't be Mayor for 8 years and then if you don't win that third term say it was somebody else's fault.

... I want to thank Londonders for allowing me for eight years to serve as your Mayor. It has been the most amazing experience. And Boris, the next few years will be the best years of your life. This is the most amazing city to be elected Mayor and I really give you my assurance I will do all I can to help the new administration in any way it seeks. But, in whatever role I will continue ... to live in this city, to love this city and to work to make it better.

Thank you very much.


Todavía hay demócratas en este mundo.

No hay comentarios: